HALLOWEEN CONTINUED...
Halloween....here I come! My friend Nicole Trone will be throwing an awesome Halloween party/Birthday party. So, we're going to have a gamut of different decorations. Like the mask below, we wanted to create a sophisticated version of the usual fright fest. Think formal affair-chandeliers, butlers in tattered suits and a live string quartet covered in cobwebs. Yeah right, if only I were rich....
Instead (and I think just as cool), I'm going to be making these pom-poms, but in black and orange. I love them, I think they're so cute. We have other ideas too. It's going to be totally fun.

Costumes
I rarely wear costumes on Halloween. I have a hard time coming up with something to wear. BUT, this year I have the perfect idea.
To give you some background, I'm turning 31 and I attend a young single adult ward. Unfortunately the cut-off age is 31. So, I'm getting the boot. I'll have to start attending the family ward. However, I have until the end of the year. Since I'm the gospel doctrine teacher, my bishop asked me to stay and complete the Book of Mormon. Then, to put it in the words of one of my fellow ward members...I'm not graduating...I'm flunking out. Yeah, heard it this Sunday during testimony meeting...Oh no, I'm not bitter. It is kind of funny. I'm really okay about going to a family ward. I think it'll be great. Although, I love my calling and I'm learning so much...that'll be the sad part. And, of course, leaving all my friends.
Anyway, back to the costume idea...So, keeping all of this in mind, I decided the perfect costume would be a DEAD BRIDE! I'm am so freakin' excited that I'm afraid it's consuming all my thoughts. I'm going to get a wedding dress, vail and dead flowers. I'll paint my face grayish white and I think I'll even have a tear of blood rolling down my cheek. It'll be the perfect send off!
1 comment:
Yay! It was so fun and your costume was honestly impressive. You helped make the party awesome! P.S. We still have the pom poms hanging from the lights in the dining room. They are too cute to take down.
Post a Comment